Friday, September 16, 2011

Week 3 ACC Predictions

Well it's Friday night and I'm already 1-for-1 in my weekly predictions. I was unable to write my preview for this week's game due to the busy week. Plus Arkansas State would have required more research than I normally have the time to do, so that would have added more time to complete a full write up. But now that the moving is mostly done I can sit back and write out my predictions for this week's ACC games while watching that exciting Friday night game. Actually as of now it's 13-6 midway through the 2nd, so actually not terribly boring.

This week provides a great opportunity for the ACC for the most part to try and help the reputation of the conference as a whole. No one game will be able to do that on its own (although if that one was FSU over Oklahoma, especially if it's convincingly, that would be the best chance). However, if two (depending on which two) or more were to win, possibly the conference will be on its way to gaining more respect and talk time from the analysts and talking heads.

But as much as I would like that to happen, I've adopted the "wait until it happens" mentality.

Gimme Games
Virginia Tech over Arkansas State
NC State over South Alabama
Wake Forest over Gardner Webb

Upset Watch
Georgia Tech over Kansas
North Carolina over Virginia
Duke over Boston College

50/50 Games
Auburn over Clemson
West Virginia over Maryland
Ohio State over Miami
Oklahoma over Florida State

Virginia has some momentum and have played better than most expected so far against inferior opponents, but UNC still has the depth, experience, and talent.

I'm taking my chances one more time with Duke, but I'm done if they make me look bad again. Boston College hasn't shown any real strengths to make one think they can win a game so far, and I haven't seen anything saying Montel Harris will be back or close to 100%.

For the big four games on this week's schedule, I don't really think the ACC will go 0-4, but individually I can't trust any of these teams to pull off the win.

Even though I can't write up an entire preview article, I'll go ahead and end this blog with my score prediction for the VT/ASU game.

Score Prediction:  Fighting Gobblers: 38   Red Wolves: 7


H-O-K-I-E-S HOKIES!!!


Follow along on Twitter for live gameday thoughts throughout the day @UtProsimGobbler

No comments:

Post a Comment