Friday, September 9, 2011

Week 2 ACC Predictions

After going (unofficially) 10-1 last week in predicting ACC games, the pressure is on to try and convince you fine folks that I know what I'm talking about. I don't. But luckily neither do other "experts". ESPN's ACC blogger only went 7-4, so I've got a couple games in hand after week 1.

Each week I'll break up the games into three separate categories. The "Gimme Games" are games that should be just that, where if there is an upset, it will be talked about for a while. Usually these will be against I-AA teams or lesser non-BCS teams, or highly ranked teams against a lesser ACC team. The "50/50" games are those with low point spreads with either team having as much a chance of winning. Finally the "Upset Watch" will be games not where I'm not necessarily expecting the upset to occur, but rather if it is possible.

Gimme Games
Stanford over Duke
Clemson over Wofford
Florida St. over Charleston Southern

Upset Watch
Virginia Tech over ECU
UNC over Rutgers
NC State over Wake Forest
Georgia Tech over Middle Tennessee State

50/50 Games
UVA over Indiana
UCF over Boston College

As for the games in the "Upset" category this week I'm not picking against any favorites, but if I had to pick ones to watch for it would be either MTSU or Rutgers. Still, I would be surprised to see that happen. Had NC State been more crisp last week offensively I might have considered that a gimme game for the Pack, but I also don't want to consider any game between conference teams a gimme.

I've gone back and forth on the UVA/IU game, but finally settled on the conference team. Besides, if UVA loses, I can just add it to their list of disappointments. Still no definite word on Montel Harris as of the time I am posting this, and UCF looked very good on offense and defense last week.

Unrelated, but you can now follow the "Fighting Gobblers" on Twitter @UtProsimGobbler

H-O-K-I-E-S HOKIES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment