Saturday, October 15, 2011

Week 7 Predictions

Last minute edition.

Well even though I'd rather be watching the Hokies again in person, at least I have the second best seat to watch football in today; my couch. I never really understood how valuable it was in college to live minutes away from the stadium. I could leave my apartment not too long before the kickoff, and return not too long after the final whistle in order to watch as many games as I could during the day. Now it's not only a day-long event for me to catch a game, with all the additional travel, it's an entire weekend-long event.

But today I can sit back and watch all the great games, and some ACC games too, without ever moving if I don't want to.

Gimme Games
None

Upset Watch
Clemson over Maryland
FSU over Duke
VT over Wake Forest
GT over Virginia

50/50 Games
Miami over UNC

I don't see anything really exciting happening from the games today. Which of course means that they'll probably all end up different from my predictions. All games have the potential to be close, and as we know by now, anything can happen in the ACC, especially when there are two ACC teams playing in each game.

Even though there are a couple games being played in each traditional time slot, there are not any two games with the same kickoff time. Just an odd fact I noticed. But it's good for the conference to have everything spread out to keep us in people's minds throughout the day.

The game I'm must interested in watching (besides VT of course) is Miami and UNC. Miami is all but out of the Coastal Division race, and could essentially put UNC in the same position if they hand them their second conference loss.

FSU over Duke should be the biggest blowout of the day, but Clemson over Maryland probably will be; which of course means it will be GT over UVA. (See how I cover all my bases to appear like I'm right no matter what?). I knew FSU was overrated at #5 to start the year, but I didn't expect a collapse like we've witnessed the past few weeks.

H-O-K-I-E-S HOKIES!!!
Follow along on Twitter @UtProsimGobbler

No comments:

Post a Comment